Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mc Tagged

America,
I got tagged by this damned little game going around the blog World, so I suppose I better deliver.

I don't know if this is correct or not, but here goes.

Here are 5 things that might be true.

1. I use to race my bike all over Fresno when I was a kid (pre-drivers license days). I didn't really race against anyone, I just tried to beat my own record in riding over to my friend's house. I didn't even know there was such a thing as bike racing. (OK Shark Man, where were you when I needed you to tell me about bike racing as a kid?). There was one time when a guy on a fancy bike passed me on Ashland Avenue, I passed him back and left him in the dust on my little Sears Free Spirit 10 speed with drop bars turned up.

2. Stopped smoking pot at 15 because it put me to sleep and made me not want to play my guitar. Used to enjoy watching all my stoner friends get blasted and I would make fun of them.

3. I made Groovy T stop smoking and ditching classes when we met in High School. I wasn't an A student, I played in a metal band, and looked like a young Bruce Dickinson (long hair and black leather jacket), but I showed up for all my classes and engineered a system to get me through school with the least amount of effort. I always got decent grades on the work so I figured as long as I paid attention to the lectures I only had to do 2/3rds of the assignments. Despite the teachers hating it, the system was successful and I got C+s and Bs. Good enough, I am busy trying to be a rock star!

4. When moving to the Bay Area at the age of 16 I intended to go a on a teen aged sexual rampage with every girl in school. I was well on my way collecting names and numbers the first week at Hayward High when a cute little Latin girl foiled my plan and laid claim. She threatened every girl in school and even went knocking on their doors to make sure her territory was marked. 22 years later I am very glad that she did and I am glad her claim stuck, despite all my early efforts otherwise (they were not very good efforts).

5. I work very fast because I am very lazy, but I hate procrastination. In essence I must always neurotically remain perpetually done.

Paying it forward: Groovy T, DiskZero, Woo's World, Lothar of the Hill People, and The Hick (Mark the Shark) consider yourselves Tagged.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All good info and Ummmmmm you suck for tagging me :)

10:50 AM  
Blogger diskzero said...

Oh man. Tagged. I guess I have some homework to do.

1:04 PM  
Blogger mtb05girl said...

Hey Ron! Nice to hear from you! Nathan was back over Christmas and I was able to get out for a ride. He said you guys were probably going to come up for Snake Alley. That's awesome! Is your season looking pretty full? Hope the training is going well! Take care!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home