Friday, July 27, 2007

SPAM Magnet/Gate Keeper

I guess USA Cycling sells the email addresses of all the people registered as Team/Club contacts.
I get so much friggen cycling related SPAM that it's ridiculous.

At this point I tell them in an eloquent as possible manner "send that shit for free or go the hell away". No free trial, no access to my network (team). That's how it works.
Here is a response I sent to a company that wants me to fork over some bucks for some crap they are pushing.

"You guys SPAMMED me, I didn't contact you.
I am the contact for a large and very active racing team here in Northern California. Northern California is the home of the largest number of licensed bicycles racers in the entire United States.
Of those licensed riders, more than 70% are over the age of 35 and are business professionals (lawyers, doctors, software engineers...etc) making an annual household income of well over $100,000 a year.

In other words, this is your target market.

I get SPAM like this all the time as companies get my email address off of the USA Cycling website. If I purchased every product that I received these emails for I would be broke and have so much stuff in my system that I would make Michael Rasmussen seem like Mr. Clean (that's a joke). Most emails I just delete. If you want me to forward information about your product to my team and friends, send a bottle. I will evaluate it, provide feedback, and if it works tell 50 of my best friends.

That's how it works."

-Nome Out (aka East Bay Cyclists Guinea Pig)

1 Comments:

Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

any takers?

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home