Thursday, August 09, 2007

Reh ra reh...It's a boy...reh ra reh


On Wednesday Dr. Zeme with the aid of Dremel tools, drills, files, and other emblements of destruction proceed up my nose to fix a deviated septum and shrink my turbinates.
Once up there it was reported that the deviation was much worse than found during the initial inspection.
My nose gave birth to 3 pound baby boy.

Chimera?
Well at least that is what it feels like right now with the 8 lbs of gauze shoved up there.
When the pain meds ware off it starts to feel like someone took a cheese grader to my nose.

Why do all this? I have never been able to breath through my nose, and my sense of smell is very weak. (You mean my shit really does stink?)
If it helps my cycling, great, if there is no change, that's OK too. The improvement to the life experience is what it is all about.

But, just using the Flonaise for the last month and learning to breath through my nose has improved my on the bike experience. I was out of Flonaise for a week and noticed a change or drop in performance.

Admittedly there is a little anticipation for when I am fully healed.

8 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

oooowwwch.

still, gotta be worth it.


no nose breathing?

nutz.

martin was down for about 2 weeks, but then came back gangbusters.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

I would be stoked with 25% of the improvement he got.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

wow! 3 pounds? seriously?

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

That's what it feels like.

They did say that they found more work to be done once inside.

11:33 AM  
Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

healu up well!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Kathy Trejo said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

Now I am nurse wife as well as nurse mom. I think I need a nurse!

7:11 PM  
Blogger veloandvino said...

wtf, I can't breathe out of mine either...thats why i like spicy foods...we are going to have to talk about this one ..

get well soon.

mjh

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home