Friday, April 28, 2006

Funny thoughts and things I don't get.

"i" before "e" except after "c". Why? What makes "c" so damn important that we have to restructure the spelling of a word for it? I think there must have been some serious arguing going on when the guy that invented the "c" made this suggestion. Have you ever noticed that there are a lot of words that ignore this rule all together?
Had this been a hard and fast rule, Albert Einstein would not be able to spell his name.


Car alarms:
(This one comes from NP) Why do people still spend money on car alarms? When was the last time you heard a car alarm going off and said to yourself "hey, someone is stealing that car"?
Nobody is stealing the friggen car, if we wanted your piece a crap car we certainly wouldn't steal it while it sits in front of 400 other bike racers.

The phrase "when I get around to it". I hate this phrase, it's the ultimate procrastinators phrase. "Hey, how about you get off your dead ass and do it NOW?!"

Top of the list: People who assume that I am not going to say "thank you" for something and jump in with an unsolicited "your welcome". It's just plain rude. I'll thank you in my good time, damn it!
Don't throw and unprompted "your welcome" at me, you won't get thank you at all! DAMN IT!

(The "damn it" is very important, it adds flava.)

Double spacing after a sentence: It's just plain wrong! You don't need a double space to tell you when the sentence ends, that is what the period is for. You have the last word, the period, then space. The next sentence start with capitol letter. My God, if someone can't figure out that we have started anew sentence, well, maybe they shouldn't be reading it. Eh?

So there you have it, today's rant.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

You're right, the two spaces after the period is now incorrect. One space is enough!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

oh, the other stuff is right on too. 'specially the damn car alarms!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

That's funny! You should see all the grammer rules I have to teach Dyllan, it's incredible.

Is this a sentence or a fragment? What type of sentence is this? Declarative, Exclamantory, Imperative, or Interrogative? Is this a simile, an idiom, a personification or a onomatopoeia? Maybe it's an adverbial phrase, or is it an adjectival phrase? Are you using commas to set off direct quotations in your (dang) sentences!

Most of the time I'm thinking to myself, "who friggin cares!"

3:57 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

I will tell you how I feel about car alarms "when I get around to it".

I washed your clothes for you today, "Your Welcom"!

HEHEHEHEHEHEH!

Don't get too excited, I didn't really wash your clothes. That's your job! Shoot, do I look like your maid or something?

4:26 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Funny, I saw this photo of a maid on a website and said to myself "Damn, that looks just like my wife".

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home