Friday, May 05, 2006

Basic Transportation

The straw has finally broken the camel's back. I am parking the freakin Durango and driving this little beater until the technology changes away from fossil fuels.
Yeah, I know, it ain't much to look at, but the oxidation actually comes off pretty easy with a little elbow grease and some cutting compound. Everything seems to function and it has a new head gasket.
Heck, I may even let Groovy stencil some flowers or grape vines on it just for shits and giggles. Maybe I could talk XBunny into splashing a little glitter onto it.

It should also be good for some BLOG material.

I showed my son a magic trick when I brought it home. How to turn a $1,800 pickup into a $6,800 pickup in the blink of an eye. Yep, I stuck my bike in the back.

Now you are probably thinking I have gone mad (that boat sailed a long time ago), but with the Durango being reclassified as a "pleasure" vehicle, this little beater only has a net cost of $5.00 a month for insurance. I'll save that in one race trip.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Yeah, let's paint it! I burnt no fossil fuel today; I rode my bike all the way to work - only 20 miles, but headwind on Dublin Cnyn and uphill finish to campus made for a decent ride.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

can I paint little faries, and flowers on it? It would look so cute!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

I think we should put our team logos on it! Do we have logos???

5:21 PM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

please,
let her decorate it

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home