Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dunlop O Flop

Not so thrilled with my time, maybe I have bigger expectations of myself, or unrealistic ones.
7th in the 3s, then the times drop off pretty fast.

I tried playing the Sharkman's and OV's suggestions on easing into the pace. Looking back I think I could have gone a little harder the first 5 to 7 K.

I am definitely going to set the parameters on my HR monitor pretty tight for Sattley, maybe only a 10 beat variance. Minimum for the start, max for the middle and then for the last 5 K pretend that the beeping is a time bomb about to go off and I am running to get clear of the blast.

On the up side, riding the TT bike for the last week has helped me to find some muscles that seem to be on the weak side. I am having fatigue in areas that are usually not fatigued from riding.
This is a good thing because now I can develop a plan to improve those areas. Prior I could train until I am blue in the face but fatigue would go away very quickly, indicating good fitness, but the results were lack luster. I was beginning to think that this is it, this is as fast as I get.
Identifying a weakness gives hope and last nights Diablo ride was good confirmation of that.
After the hard effort on Sunday, moderate effort on Monday, and another full on TT effort on Tuesday I turned a new PB up Northgate.

I don't expect anything spectacular out at Sattly, but a new Personal Best would be reward enough.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gianni said...

going out on the tightrope a little, eh? Brave soul.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

I think Quad Cities is just now sinking in.....

11:01 AM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

did your hr monitor work in sattley?

mine wigged out completely and was useless leaving me feeling a little alone out there in the big world


.
.
and btw, it is steve dunlAp

3:32 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

It did work, but I stopped looking at it since I couldn't get the HR up to where I wanted to run at.
I am finding my HR kind of irrelavant. I pushing to the point where I can't push any harder without popping and just holding it. Seems like the body is self regulating these days.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home