Monday, May 15, 2006

Cool and Not So Cool

As I was thinking about something that is...uh...Not So Cool, it made be take note of somethings that are Cool.

Cool is:
  • Sitting by the pool with my lovely wife holding Ronnie and chatting casually with a good friend while Dyllan swims.
  • Having Joey O. tease me about being a neurotic mess when it comes to chosing bike equipment for the next day's race.
  • The post race recovery ride with two good friends.
  • Fixing my wife's cleats before she goes off on her morning ride.
  • My wife going out on her morning ride.
  • Having my wife tell me she feels like she lost power with the new cleat adjustment but she took an hour off of the loop she does.

Not So Cool:
  • All day parties with people that I have nothing to talk to about.
  • Superficial conversations because there is nothing to really talk about.
  • Getting interested in a topic of conversation only to be interupted in the middle of a flow of conciousness by a superficial topic.
  • The person I was talking to becoming more interested in the superficial topic than continuing our conversation. (Yeah, fine, Ehf You too)
  • Anniversaries of people I have nothing to talk to about. (I am happy for you, but why do I need to get drug into your train wreck? 40 years, 100 years, 500 years, what's the difference? Same problems, different day, and nothing being done about it. Happy Gawd Damn anniversary here is your present, can I go now? I need to get back to the things that are cool (see above).)


Life is to Damn short, and it seems to be getting shorter everyday. It's all about finding joy, screw the rest.

I am going to a happy place with my wife, kids, a few good friends, my bike, and bottle of good vino. Everyone else leave me alone!

"and this remote control, and that's all I need"

9 Comments:

Blogger Lothar Glerbny said...

uh...what were you saying?

7:04 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Sorry, just having a moment.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

"....and this chair. And that's all I need!"

Dude, I'm diggin' it.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

You gotta love LGs avatar. With the name and the flight suit photo it's like space invaders or something.
"I am Lothar Glerbny from Echalon 7 and I here to destroy you!" "Take me to your leader!"

7:55 AM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

"...and this bike. And that's all I need!"

You are so funny! Sometimes it is ok to take a moment out of your life to celebrate someone elses joy. And if you don't feel like hanging out with a bunch of old people at an anniversary party....don't!

But remember, we will be those old people someday....and we (or I) might want to have a big old dumb party, and you WILL be required to go to that big dumb party. You will be superficial...and you will like it! AND, you Will have to dance with me too, so there!

You are my sweetheart, noughty or nice, I do love you so!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

I am Lothar, star of Independence Day, and I will save the Earth.

Opps, was that a superficial tangential, how ironical.

Sounds like Book of A needs to buy himself a porsche 911 turbo to get away from all them peoples warp speed.

Nice post

12:24 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:36 PM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

fix her cleats!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

I did, I did!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home