Thursday, May 11, 2006

Misc. Stuff to report

Just a quick update on things you are probably not interested in.

Training:
As Gianni mentioned Tuesday was a kick ass ride. As in I kicked my own ass. After watching OV tear it up on Sunday I came to the realization that my 401P account was a little under funded.
401P = Pain bank.
After a fair warm up out to Calveras I did some seated accelerations, the attempt is to ride people off my wheel, or die trying. I did get loose, and got caught, and got loose again. I was hurting when we got to the hill so I let The Original JM roll away up the climb. I tucked myself neatly behind Gianni's 3 man chase group and let them bring JM back.
I was all nice and fresh again when we hit the steep section so kicked that sumbitch in the rear for a 40 second acceleration to 20mph, got loose and TTed to the KOM. (Gotta Love the Tuesday Worlds).
On the return everything was all stiff and sore, so I waited until the long pace line moved me to the front of the rotation and I pulled at full throttle until I couldn't hold the leadouts off anymore.
Easy cruise through the Neutral Zone to Sunol and rolled off again on the climb out of Sunol to Northbound Foothill. This time pulling The Original and the resident Back Cracker for a 3 man break through the flats. BC contributed best he could then waived goobye, The Original and I worked the 2 man TT to the final sprint of the day at Castlewood.

Wed: The team's Diablo ride, just The Original and I. Easy pace to the second ranger station then descended down to the North Gate entrance to practice the upcoming hill climb TT back to the Junction. We approximated the start at the Kiosk and time up was 30:20.
TOJM decided to drill it from the start while I eased into the pain. He rode in front of me by about 20 seconds for the first 3rd, with me for the second 3rd, and the last 3rd my HR never dropped below 185 for about a 1 minute time gap back to TOJM.
We were exhausted, and I struggled with allergies the whole day. Nose rubbed raw from tissue, and bonking from rapid fire sneezing attacks (I hate May).

Flowers = Spawn of the devil sent here to destroy me.

The truck:
Nose running like a faucet, and sneezing 30 times a minute I managed to slap a Tacoma seat in after the ride last night. Not a perfect fit, but nothing a BFH and power drill can't handle.
After much slave labor and a new found use for Velo Promo t-shirts the paint looks a little less like total shit. I wouldn't call it a shine, more like a sheen.
Add $20.00 for a set of Walmart Special hub caps, and she is semi-presentable.

BFH = Big Friggin Hammer

Photos to follow (not that you are interested)

5 Comments:

Blogger Gianni said...

Evil flowers+ More evil tree snuff+ the evil mountain= one hard day.
Old toys run forever.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

....and sneezing.

Man, I don't know if it's the flowers, the trees or the grass, but I'm sneezing like a fiend.....and my nose feels like a water fountain.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

LOL Petit.

Love Stinks...Yeah...Yeah
(J. Geils Band)

Fragrance burns the nose and disguises the the stinch.

Beauty blinds the mind.

Bees sting.

Honey spikes the glucos index.

But only in May. In June and the rest of the year, all these things are good, except bees, they still sting (sumbitches).

8:55 AM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

I love flowers, I love honey, nome agusta give me some money!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

OK....It's time for you to give a new update on things we aren't interested in. BANGA BANGA!

Just kidding with you. I am always interested in what you have to say honey.

Did you just say something? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home