Sunday, July 30, 2006

Masters Districts

Masters? I am not sure what that means anymore, I thought it meant mature adults that enjoy racing their bike for sheer pleasure.
Apparently it potentially means several who never gained enough maturity to know that not winning the race this day isn't the end of the known World.

This weekend was full of bottle throwing, and grown man tantrums, after and during the races.
You would almost think it was the World Pro Championship and next year's big team Euro-Pro contract depended on it.

(This portion of this post has been edited to show that balance in the universe has been restored...or something silly like that.)

Oh, let's not forget the dude who was lying face down in the gutter from greasing a corner two years ago telling me to pick a different line. Whatever...

Oh Yeah, this is what we do for fun.

Alas, I do want congratulate Taz on a spectacular win, and always having a good attitude about racing. No flaunting, just takes care of business.

Today I think someone spiked Nate's chamomile tea as he blasted off right from the line.
Pretty studdly like, that part of the race was damn cool. Bummer that it was realed in, but they were out there for a long time. I like that kind of racing, and I like having a clear job to do...making the big dogs work.

11 Comments:

Blogger Velo Bella said...

congrats would have been nice, but I didn't hear that. Just the wise crack.

Sometimes its timing.

Unfortunately the last shred of patience was taken up by the MS boys who insisted on getting in a piss match immediately after the race.

there was no more patience left for wise cracks.

which was too bad.

7:34 AM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

no, he's right.

and i already sent him an apology ~ but i'll repeat it here.

i just wasn't in the mood to hear you bag on my bike or my riding, Ron. and that's all you said.

so, i struck back out. and that's not the way i like to do it. so, i'm sorry.

but, my rope was pretty tethered by that point from some damn idiotic behavior out there.

not as much as it should have been.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Perhaps I mumbled a bit when I said "good race". It wouldn't be the first time.

It's a shame that a certain Morgan rider has become what he is today, we have been good friends for a long time. He used to be considered one of the nicest guys in the field, but now he shoves his way through, hip checks, and pulls stunts that we have seen other recently unnattached rider pulls when things are not going his way.

I think he had a problem with my line because it was right behind his when he was trying to bring Nate and Taz back.

No bag on your riding Bubba, it takes some serious skills to keep a frame with that much movement going good.

8:52 AM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

again, my bad Ron.

let's shits n' giggles it up at the next one.
~m

9:03 AM  
Blogger Velo Bella said...

awwwww....

9:29 AM  
Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

...i haven't been over here for a while...

gee, this is all nice and schmoopy!

9:56 AM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

did we ever get that frame/headset to not wiggle?.....

2:39 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

The aggressive pizza attack/counter attack outside of sac-town, now that I will remember forever.......

3:49 PM  
Blogger Velo Bella said...

now that we got all that settled...can you do something about the red?

8:40 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

VB, any suggestions?
Reply with an HTML color code and I'll drop it in.
Something that black and reversed text will both show up on.

Gianni: We messed that pizza up big time. Keep your hands and arms at you sides at all times. Thar be hungry bike racers round these parts.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

just stopped by to say Hi Hubbie!

Ok Then....going back to my blogging, see ya when you get home.

Remember, I have bowling tonight!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home