Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sons a Bastigouses

After coming back from Cascade where we had no OLN and being Tour deprived I start going back and watching the stages that played while we were gone. After all, that's why we pay for the DVR service.
I need to know why Salvadeli is MIA, were did George get dropped, and who had the underweigthed bike on stage 11. Important information! You savvy?

Late Monday night I stop the play of stage 11 just at the base of the last climb, just before all hell breaks loose and go to bed with the intention of picking it up before I head off to work.

6:00 AM I click on the TV hit list and BAM, GONE, all of my Tour recordings have vanished. WHAT THE...?!

Later that day we find that several movies are also missing. They are still in the listing, but hit play and the screen says "No Information".

Tuesday night I call InDirectv to find out what gives. Blah blah blah, the usual run around, and I get elevated to the next level of tech support. OK try this, try that. NADA!
The lady says let's do a reset all. "Are you sure?", I asked. "Oh, don't worry, all of your recording will remain intact."
"OK, you are the expert."

NOT!
We go through the whole process and now everything is missing, 100% disk space available.
"It's not supposed to do that." "Well lady, it can't not supposed to do that because it's already done."

She has me check the software version and past updates. HMM, look at that, last update on 7-26-06 at 1:15 AM (Tuesday morning).

Me: OK, InDirectv, you Effed up and you erased something that is important to me, how are you going to fix it?

Dtv: We are so sorry, we know how you must feel.

Me: OK, great, you are sorry, now how are you going to fix it?

Dtv: Does the program play again?

Me: No.

Dtv: Then there is nothing we can do.

Me: Oh yes there is, you WILL replace the programing.

Dtv: I'am sorry but there is nothing we can do.

Me: Unacceptable! You WILL buy me the DVD, even though that is not a true replacement.

Round and round and round we go. "OK, we will reimburse you for the DVD."

Me: Great, now how about if this happens again. How do we stop that from happening?

Dtv: Uh, it could happen again.

Me: I am not going to be your crash test dummy, we need to start working on a solution.

Dtv: We don't have one.

Me: Find one. How about we start by removing one possibility, the DVR unit. Send me a knew one.
Round and round and round we go. An hour later she puts me in touch with the floor manager, 30 seconds after I explain everything to him he says "let's start by sending you a new receiver that way we remove that from being the problem".

DUH! That's what I have been trying to explain to miss Bonehead for an hour. 30 Damn seconds, problem solved.

This morning I call after seeing the DVD is available:
Me: "how do I proceed?"

Dtv: We can't do that.

Me: Exsqeeze me? This is already all worked out, you don't get to undo it.

Dtv: I am sorry, we can't do that, but I'll have a manager call you.

Me: Fine you have 2 hours.

Scratch that, I am calling right back.
Bam, right to the people in the disconnect department. Round and round, explain everything all over again, "hold please". 15 minutes later she comes back and drops the call. WTF!

I call again, "please put me through to the disconnect department". Dude picks up, great I have to give the whole story AGAIN.
30 seconds later he says "OK, we will credit your account". Just like that, problem solved!

I thanked Dude for taking care of business then asked him why only the men at Dtv can handle business, then women their seem to be from Mars.

The moral, don't talk to the women in Tech Support, ask for a man. It's sad, but true. Sorry ladies, not my idea, it's just the way things went down.

Jeezus H Christ!




7 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Red is bad......can't read the blog now. Ouch on the eyeballs.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

I have to admit, Nome got nowhere with the gals at DirectTV, and they were very into not being able to solve the problem.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

If it ain't red, it ain't shit.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

I changed it to red because when I cut and paste text it comes in as black, on a black back ground. I have tried to change the color but this stupid text editor is useless. Notice the size of the text. I only wanted one word large.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Ah, I thought you intended it to be BIG!!! Cause guys who like red also tend to like big. Talk to Gin -- he's the bloGod.

10:18 PM  
Blogger EB said...

That's funny -- I've been having the exact opposite experience with Cingular this week. The guys are useless & insist they can't help me, but the women are really helpful (they also happen to be managers). I think the issue is who is the peon and who is the manager, because they're allowed to do different things.

10:42 AM  
Blogger ginmtb said...

Sorry, just catching up - yah, I can help you with the font color and sizes, etc. Shoot me an e-mail if you want at ginmtb at yahoo dot com.

Blogger sometimes does some funky stuff with the fontage. I helped BJM with his funky fontage.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home