Saturday, August 26, 2006

A night at the Mabuhay


This photo is from one of the band's first Mabuhay Gardens gigs. What a friggen dive that place was, but when you are 17 and playing in a local metal band, it's pretty damn cool... in the moment.
In the background on bass is Matt Camacho who later went on to play in Forbidden. Matt was originally one of the guitarist when I tried out for the band but switched with the bass player who matched my style a little better. Mostly because he didn't suck. Matt was a much better bass player than a guitarist, which turned out to the benefit of his career.

Told you it would be a good laugh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Dude!!! That is awesome!!! Do you have any recordings of your stuff???

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

We recorded 3 of our originals. One of them would be a good bike racing song
"Wings of Steel".

I am burning down that lonely road
Riding wings of steel
I've got to loose the angry thoughts I feel
This darkened highway is feeling cold
As I begin to fly
It's fast escape
I am reaching for the sky

It has a pretty good tempo to it too, not thrash metal, but fast enough for double bass or a single with a fast foot.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Classic ax, pix and lyrix.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

I wanna buy the CD!!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home