Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tranzom Version 2

More laughs.
This was the second version of the band Tranzom (as in to Trance Them, I know...corny)
This was the band though, we had are shit down tight and played some good gigs around the Bay. The first photo was taken at the practice studio were we met 3 nights a week, The rehearsal Spot.
AKA an old meat plant with a bunch of cold rooms converted to practice studios. It was cheap, easy to get to and heck if it's good enough for Metallica, it's good enough for us posers.
It was kind of cool running in to those boys while walking the hallways, but you had to play it cool though, even if Kirk Hammett was on the top of the Guitar Gods list. When you walk the hallways among giants, pretend you are a giant. Just give a nod and a friendly sup man and you will get the same respect in return.

The second photo is to show off my custom Les Paul, when I snagged it from my step dad it had a humbucker, a straticastor pick up, and a telecaster pick up. I upgraded the humbucker to an EMG Select (rippin back in the day), a double coil near the neck and left the Fender Strat pick up in the center. Yeah man, I have a Gibson that can sound like a fender, or even mix it up.
Because I like them whammy bar I tossed on a Kahler with a lock nut. It's for making sounds like dragging metal across cement. Long dives or pulling hard on the note to bring it up.

On with the giggles:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lothar Glerbny said...

love the hair!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Rock!!!! Man, can't wait to hear your stuff.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

I did love the long hair, but that was then and now I love the bike racer look!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home