Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Mind going numb.

And not comfortably, mind you.

I am caught in particular cycle where everything seems to be happening all at once.

Being in the moment is a bubble in time, there is a tolerance before and aft of the center of that bubble. If you want things to go well, your nose needs to be touching the front edge of that bubble. That's where shit happens really fast. You have a limited reaction time in order to make things happen if you want your plans to workout. Stuff has to get done!

Questions, questions, and more questions. Logistics weighed, forms updated, budgets projected, and goals defined and set. Then starts the implementation and management.

The goals get achieved, the entity grows beyond expectation, but so does it's hunger. It's bigger, yet more refined, it's powerful which also makes it a beast to keep on track.
It's like a surgical strike with a 12 gauge shot gun.

Contacts being made, deals being done, commitment, commitment, commitment.

Follow up on this item, check in with that person. Is this what we need? This thing doesn't fit on that person's thang. Gotta find a different thing, and for the same price.
Great, it worked, problem solved...NOT! Now that persons thang ain't working with the new thing.
And the man in the back says "but I just bought one". Yeah? And?

It isn't about the individual. WE ARE BORG!
Coagulation of the mass.

That's the risk, that's the reward.

No, I am not talking about my job, this is what I do for fun...

I think.


6 Comments:

Blogger Lothar Glerbny said...

i thought you were talking about building a cross bike!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Velo Bella said...

tis the season

9:32 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

The only cross bike I'll race will be one given to me. Since I am not good enough to have earned that it is looking like I won't be racing cross...on a cross bike.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Hmmm....sponsorship, 2007 rosters, events.....maybe we need a new blog for all the team captains/leaders/mamgers/chief cooks & bottle washers! VB, nome, and I are first in line.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

I am getting better at letting a few things go. The problem is my patience is as long as my right leg.

It's tough to let go of the ball and have others dive for it, but it will make life a little easier. It wasn't so bad when we ere 15 to 20, but the org. is over 45 with more knocking at the door.
I am proud of what we have built, and amazed that we have so many great folks involved. It's tiring and inspiring all at the same time.

Stop by and see us at the Vellum booth if you make it Vegas.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

It's looking.

Like I'll have time.

For extravaganza planning tommorrow.

But first I must sleep.

You can go to the front of the bubble and it will stretch. Stay in the back and it will evaporate.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home