Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Nose Knows


I guess this might be the turn-around week, it feels like things are starting to heal up and clear up.

Yesterday there was a lot of tingly feeling, kind of like a sensitive tooth. Today, and specifically right now both sides feel very open.
Mostly I can tell because of the cooling sensation I get when breathing in through my nose, and the feeling like I just drank a bunch of coffee.
Who knew that oxygen had so much energy giving properties?

Even if I don't get any faster on the bike, I have already experienced quality of life improvements...and it's only been two weeks since the removal of the splints. Dr. Zeme said it would continue to get better for several months.
Holy Crap! If this is only the beginning, I may not even need to sleep ever again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Merkeley Bike said...

Glad to hear you're healing well and the surgery was a success! I’d be too scared to have surgery on my face/head/nose.

Good luck at LATOJA, you’ll be traveling through some beautiful country! Jackson will be a good place to kick back and recover. Lots of good places to eat and drink. Just watch out for the RV’s and the motorcycles.

5:53 PM  
Blogger veloandvino said...

any loss of smell???

10:26 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

No, I still stink.

1:19 PM  
Blogger veloandvino said...

no really.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Sense of smell is about the same, but a few people I have talked to say that it improves once healed.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home