Sunday, August 26, 2007

Two 1st places for the Spideys

Nathan wins both road races this weekend.

I had the pleasure of witnessing both the deciding move and the victory solute today at University.

For my first race back after going under the knife I was very happy to have made 5 or 6 laps (to tired to remember) with the main field. On my last lap with what was already a pretty small group I witnessed Super Dave Loogman and Harlan at the front shredding the field with Nathan in tow. It was all red and black at the front, and fireworks at the back as riders exploded one by one.
It was about 3/4s up the climb on this lap when I had put in my last effort to stay in contact. But what a site to see. Amazing team effort, and with three road race wins and a 3rd, Nathan has a nice lead for the Cal Cup.

With 2 to go I called it a day for the pleasure of watching the finally with Nathan putting about 5 bike lengths on Chris Phipps in the last 150 - 200 meters.

With all the hard work of building this team for the last 4 years, it brings great pleasure to see our colors fly the Victory solute, and to see it done as a team effort is even better.

5 Comments:

Blogger nosajpalnud said...

congrats - nice wins

You guys are still around next year I hope (so many dang rumors going around...). This year has been a tremendous learning experience with all the big teams out there and made racing a lot of fun (well and painful too).

9:57 AM  
Blogger veloandvino said...

Congrats!!!!

Wish I wasn't so damn jet lagged, I love that race.

See you in SF!!!!!

MJH

12:08 PM  
Blogger veloandvino said...

Congrats!!!!

Wish I wasn't so damn jet lagged, I love that race.

See you in SF!!!!!

MJH

12:08 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

There are no rumors, Joey is leaving to start a smaller team and taking the EMC sponsorship and EMC name, he works there.
Our club is more than EMC, that was just a sponsor who got naming rights.

We may have a new sponsor, but if not our team name will revert to the club's name, East Bay Cyclists, or EBC. Colors will stay the same for at least another year, we like the look.

The minor downside is that the Uber Masters that we assembled will be going as well (I think). In the end I don't really mind as I can go back to what I really love and that is racing in the dirt with some road races thrown in. I don't care for crits and I will probably race more Cat 3 races. There have been people winning 3s road races that are not even on my radar screen when climbing. Makes me think "Damn, I could of won that".

Casey has been a dickhead about my upgrade to Cat 2 for several years now, and maybe a blessing in disguise. Now I can cherry pick with the hard training of the faster field in my legs. They will have to force upgrade my ass now!
It is pretty stupid, I am Semi-Pro on the Mt. Bike, a reluctant Cat 2 on cross, but a 3 on the road...whatever!

5:06 PM  
Blogger nosajpalnud said...

thx for confirming the info and good luck to ya in the sponsor search

btw I call em rumors till I hear it from the source cause stories always get twisted

I'm sure you'll get a 2 pretty quick if you want to focus on it in the climbing races. Anyway have fun with it next year. That's what its all about right - having fun?

JD

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home