Sunday, September 02, 2007

It's all good

Just a quick thanks to all the folks who gave me some solid set up advice for the Ridley CX rig.

(Not in any certain order)

Olaf, Gianni, and teamie Greg Phipps (also rides for Black Market).

Thanks to the advice by these 3 the bike worked flawlessly at the first Cross race of the season.

I had intended to run two races for some practice and to get a feel for where I fit in, the Elite Bs, and the Masters As.

I started the Bs nice and easy and worked my way up. It was a short race so the youngens were set on killing it out of the gate. No worries, I wanted something in the tank for the later race in the heat and it would be my first dismount on the new rig. Better to do it with a little oxygen to spare and work things out. Lots of season for killing it later.

Ended up 5th and had a nice clean ride that got smoother as the race went on.

Started up in the Masters As making sure I didn't get in the way of the more experienced riders. 2nd lap I started getting into a nice groove and picking off stragglers 1 at a time when the race came to an end with a flat. T and I ridden to the race so no spare wheels today, but it was cool, the rig past all tests and I am looking forward to more racing when we return from Wyoming.

Thanks again to all that shared set up advice.

Nome

2 Comments:

Blogger Gianni said...

THAT is an interesting comment.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

I don't know what that was all about.
Blog SPAM maybe?

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home