Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Looks like I'll be chewing bubble gum



Well I went and saw the Doc. He says I blew a gasket (blood vessel) and packed my nose on the right side. LOTOJA will have to wait until next year. I am pretty bummed, and so is the fam. We were really looking forward to the trip.

Dr. Zeme believes it was from the bit of racing I did the last two weeks, but I don't think so. I didn't tell him about our Hyperbaric chamber and that I did a treatment Sunday and Monday night. I am pretty positive that the pressure did the damage. Stupid on my part as it was too early in my recovery to use the chamber.

However, Dr. Zeme mentioned that the elevation in Utah and Wyoming could have cause this to happen as well. So it is better that it happened here at home than out in the middle of nowhere away from my doctor.

So I'll take a couple of weekends off the bike and get the healing going again and focus on Cross in October. That's life, you take what you are given and make the best of it.
Next year, I'll go get me some of that, and I won't be bringing any bubble gum.

6 Comments:

Blogger veloandvino said...

ron, u using a tent???

6:43 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

No, it's a chamber. Not Hypoxic, Hyperbaric. Speeds recovery by putting you in an oxygenated pressurized environment. Got it mostly for my son, they have been doing a lot of research on kids with CP.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

Duke Nukem.
That's a true bummer.
Not even going?
Fuk.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Yep, but no point in driving to Wyoming and not be able to do anything.
The doc says I'll be better off in the long run and will heal better. I guess I underestimated how much work they did. Dan is also probably not the best example to use as a model for when to be tearing it up again.
"But Dan was ripping everyones legs off by this time"
Maybe I had more work done, don't know. Bummed about the trip? Yes.
But also excited about seeing the finish product if the case is such that more work was done.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

Now that you are off the bike for a bit, you can come cheer for me at the cycle cross races.

3:29 PM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

dan rips everyones legs off in his sleep

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home