Friday, May 09, 2008

About to be glue

Race promotion.
Makes doing a 24 Hour Race seem easy.
Sure, it's only a little criterium.
Sure, I roped Jimmy V. into being the race director, and a damn fine job he is doing.

But there is still so much preparation that my mind is going numb.

Even with Jim at the helm, I worry about things going smoothly, people showing up to work, and everything getting done.

It's hard to let go, but I work steadily at having faith in the folks on the team handling things.
It's kind of funny though, the more I let go and leave it to them to find the solutions, the better they do and the more ownership they seem to take.

People are funny that way.

Everyone on the team with a critical pre-race job duty has been incredible.
These are some good people. If I had to start a business and needed staff, these folks would be my first pick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

have a successful race and a fabulous day tomorrow, Ron! congratulations.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home