Sunday, August 03, 2008

Zucchini Blog Update

It looks like the term "giant zucchini" has been redefined.
While checking on the watermelon plants today I stumbled across this monster hiding in the shade of it's plants leaves. The only thing I could say was "Oh My God!"

Yes, that is a normal size bottle of wine (Entropy Cellars by the way) that T is holding.
18" in length, and roughly 3" in diameter. Who knew that they could get that big?

We even let Ronnie touch it, he thought it was neat.


We knew what was for dinner, but the grilled zucchini thing was getting old. Off to Trader Joes we went looking for ideas. Ah, pizza zucchini! Brilliant!


First mix some salt, Italian seasonings, and garlic powder into some grape seed oil and brush on to all parts...

of the zucchini you sicko.

Then we put sun dried tomatoes, pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni on three slices. The other three we did a pesto sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
Bake on 400 for 18 minutes.

Absolutely fabulous! Extremely filling, and very low carb.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ripsanspich said...

Great idea for the zuch. Thanks for sharing. Thea and I also have garden, two plants no zuchs yet. Late harvest.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are doing great with your veggies!!!
I have a garden too, but the bad doggy eats everything. Maybe next time I'll get a cat!!!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Groove Talking... said...

I love our garden! Next year I am going to make it bigger.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home