Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh Crap, I just became a Pro

News from NORBA/USA Cycling says I and many other will get to upgrade and race Pro Mountain Bike by simply renewing the license.

"Members currently categorized as Semi-Pro may choose either Category 1 or Pro designation for the 2009 racing season. When renewing their license, Semi-Pro members will be offered an automatic upgrade to Pro throughout the 2009 licensing period which runs from December 1, 2008 to November 30, 2009. To take advantage of this upgrade, Semi-Pro members must purchase an annual license during this time as this automatic upgrade will only be offered during the 2009 season."

I was actually pretty happy in the Semi-Pro, but what the heck, I am used to jumping into things both feet so bring it. It might even give an opportunity to do some races not previously available. I may even get to rub shoulders at the start line with a few of my heroes (then get dropped like a bag of dirt 2 seconds later).


It's been a year of changes for sure, but I am hoping this is kind of the last one for a while. After all, I hit the big 40 in December and that's messing with my head a bit.

Even if I downgrade later, I will be able to say I am a Pro Mountain Bike Racer, or Ex-Pro.
(What a tool)

I just hope doing some P/1/2 races helps a bit with the speed. Pay it forward baby...pay it forward.


3 Comments:

Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

Good Gawd. What's next, a front row call up to a UCI cyclocross race in Belgium?

10:33 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

I guess if one is going to get crushed at least get crushed by the baddest Mofos around.

8:30 PM  
Blogger C Ward said...

I don't know bro, you maight wantot take the Cat 1 (downgrade) option.

Sometimes it is better to not get in the way just to stoke your ego.

Pro? No.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home