Thursday, March 16, 2006

And now for something completely different.

Below you will find a Letter of Apology from Scott Fonseca. A public apology is part of the process that has been agreed upon for Scott to remain on our team. He has also made a commitment to a Plan of Action to ensure that things will change. It is our belief that people can change/grow from their experiences if shown compassion and aided with some coaching.
Please contact Scott if you have any comments for him. It is his path to take the heat on this.

All,

I would like to take this opportunity to offer my deepest apologies for my involvement and actions in the beginning weeks of the 2006 racing season. It is with deep regret that my involvement has come to this: I extend my sincerest apologies to both Dave Anderson of the Morgan Stanley Racing Team, Jeff Poulson of the Safeway Racing Team, and the Central Valley Cycling Team. I understand that I’m extremely sensitive to verbal and vulgar abuse, but I also understand that my responses are still no excuse for my actions.

To the EMC²/Vellum Cycling Team, its club, our sponsors, race officials, and to the entire master’s field in general, I humbly ask your forgiveness. I have embarrassed you all and the sport I love.

Scott R. Fonseca

EMC²/Vellum Cycling

6 Comments:

Blogger Velo Bella said...

Thats a nice sentiment, but frankly, the last sentence of the first paragraph voids this as an apology.

Especially as it it is preceeded by specific names.

too bad.

The art of apologizing with grace, humility, and sincerity...its tough.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

If it helps, I accept his apology, though from the text here, I still have no idea what exactly he did. Sounds juicy though!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

VB, you are speaking to the choir. It was as good as we feel we would get. What is important is how he proceeds to behave. As I have said before, action speaks louder than words. So we will see.
There is a zero tolerance action plan that must be followed to the letter.

Thanks, you feedback is valued and accurate.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Dr. X, trust me, it's not something you really want to know all the details to. It has not been fun.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Whew, then keep me in dark - It'll make it easier to accept the apology, even with that awkward bit VB spec'ed.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Oh man, hate to hear stuff like this.....hope things work out okay.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home