Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No Jail for me Gianni!

I went back to court for the final hearing on my bicycle red light ticket (see earlier post about court) (the second court date), today was the third and final hearing.
Yeah, baby, the checks in the mail, all of the research and screaming "Objection" like raving lunatic paid off.
See, the deal was I had to remain bicycle violation free until the hearing and the judge would dismiss it. DONE!

In the previous hearing It was his way of playing both sides of the fence. He didn't want to hand me a victory in front of the officer, but he also didn't agree with the officer (back it down a notch Kojak). Thanks to CB from MS, his advice gave me the tools I needed to win that thing.
It would be nice if it sent a message to officer Thichead, but probably not.

But at the end of the day it is a nice "TAKE THAT BEOCH!".

So Gianni, no jail for me, I am getting my money back. So not only did this stupid ticket cost the courts who knows how many thousands of dollars to deal with a trial by declaration and 3 court dates, but they have to give me my $361.00 back as well.
Brilliant!

So I thought I might toss my hat (or leg) into the ring since everyone is measuring their quads.
19 inches



But the photo below shows why the limb in the above is rendered useless when it comes to making a bike go fast. You try dragging these damn 15" mutant calves around. This has got to be some kind of cruel joke.


8 Comments:

Blogger Gianni said...

Leg Model.

Glad to see your got yer bucks back from the Man.

J

10:26 PM  
Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

Stick it to the man!!!

10:53 PM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

we need the measurement in metric!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

We tried the metric side of the tape, but the numbers were too small to read in the photo. So here is the conversion.

48.26 cm on the quads.
38.1 cm on the calf.

I use www.convert-me.com for my metric conversion tool. It's a nice online way to convert any type of measurement. If Caltrans would ever make up their mind what system they are going to use, I might not need the link anymore. Every year they change. Just one of the many reasons our roads are messed up.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang...you have big calves!!!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

how'd you get such big calves -- wearing high heels?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Must have been from my glam-band days.

I really don't know, but it makes for some inefficient pedaling. They are fine for pushing down, but the rest of the let has to lift them damn things on the up stroke. I think skinny calves and big quads are much better for efficient power production.

You have to realize, those measurements are only the right leg. I am not sure who this left leg belongs to, but it certainly doesn't match.

Maybe now that my nose is slightly straighter the rest of my body will find some symmetry. One can only hope.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home