Monday, March 20, 2006

It's raining in deep in Heaven

Actually it's raining here again, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use that line from a Dream Theater song.

The other song I can't get out of my head is "Holiday" from the Scorpions, specifically the last part:
Longing for the sun
You will come
To the island without name
Longing for the sun
Be welcome
On the island many miles away from home
Be welcome on the island without name
Longing for the sun you will come
To the island many miles away from home

From Trial of Tears (Dream Theater)
Still awake
I continue to move along
Cultivating my own nonsense
Welcome to the wasteland
Where you'll find ashes, nothing but ashes
Still awake
Bringing change, bringing movement,
Bringing life
A silent prayer thrown away,
Disappearing in the air
Rising, sinking, raining deep inside me
Nowhere to turn,
I look for a way back home
It's raining, raining, raining deep in heaven

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Man, I thought you were gonna say 'Holiday' by Madonna. Now I got that stuck in MY head.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

LOL - That is too funny. Man, I LOVE the Scorpions! Have you ever seen those guys in concert Brother Maynard???

8:10 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Oh man, the secret training I need to Guinea Pig ASAP.......Setaligoy. Can't wait to GP it. Thank you to Brother Maynard for that one.

Man, way to go at the race yesterday too - that is tremendous teamwork. I am in awe of you guys, as usual.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Yeah, saw the Scorps back...OMG dare I say 20 years ago?

OK, so we are getting old, but that music still makes me want to be every member of the band, or ride my bike really fast.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Yeah, those guys all rock - I love them. The one band I wasn't into though was Poison - that was just, uh, weird. I've seen the Scorpions a couple of times - and would definitely see them again. Great cycling music.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

The word we used for bands like Poison was "Posers".
The cool thing about the word poser and it's meaning is it can be applied to cycling in todays World.
Maybe that is what it is about your DA, he is a poser.
Looks like a cyclist, talks like a cyclist, rides like my grandma.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

Ahh Maynard, you have such discriminating taste in metal!
PoserX

12:17 PM  
Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

LOL - Yeah, hey, maybe that is it!!! It's because my DA is a poser. Which means, I'm a poser, and I hate it! So, now that I've recognized that fact, I can actually accept my DA as a poser......and I have to learn to be a realer, not a poser......or do I mean rider??? Okay, I'm lost again.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home